When it comes to boosting engagement and sparking conversations on your Instagram account, nothing beats Instagram’s Questions Sticker.
Whether you want to learn more about your followers, play fun Instagram games or teach your followers more about you this guide will help!
We’re showing you how to find the Questions Sticker, how to use it on your Stories, and give you a few Question ideas that will help you get results.
How to Use the Instagram Questions Sticker
Unlike a Poll Sticker, where followers choose from a list of options, Questions Stickers open up the chance for users to respond however they choose.
The following steps will teach you how to use Instagram Stories Questions Stickers, as well as how to check out the responses to your story and how to repost a response with your answer.
How to Make an Instagram Questions Post on Stories
While it can have a big effect on your engagement with your followers, posting a Question Sticker to your next Story is actually a simple process:
- Start by opening Instagram Stories and choose a photo or video to upload.
- Next, tap the Sticker icon to open the Sticker Tray.
- Select the Questions Sticker and type your custom question. You can also customize your Sticker by changing the color.
- Position your sticker within your Story.
- Post your question and wait for the responses to roll in!
Don’t have a background image to upload? No worries! Instagram Create Mode has a handy Instagram Story template you can use to pose a question.
That’s not all – you can also use Polls, Quizzes, and Emoji Slider questions in Create Mode, too!
How to View Responses and Answer Questions
Now that you have your first sticker posted, you might be wondering how to respond to answers to questions in your Instagram post.
- First, open your Story where your Question Sticker is posted.
- In the lower left-hand corner, tap “Seen By.”
- The Responses section will appear. Here, tap “See All” to view all of the responses you’ve received.
- Choose an individual response, and tap “Share Response.”
- Upload photos or videos to add a background to your response story.
- Now, answer the question and share it.
Best Instagram Story Questions
Learning how to post Questions is only half the challenge. Choosing the right Question to post is also a must.
When it comes to engaging with your audience, there are several types of questions to choose from. Check out the following Instagram Story question ideas, we well as a few tips for setting them up to maximize engagement.
Instagram Q&A Questions
Being authentic on social media is essential to gaining your follower’s loyalty. Since 58% of users are more interested in a brand after seeing it in Stories, questions are a great way to do just that.
They can help you connect with your audience on a more personal level by sharing details about your life. They are also great tools to teach users more about your product or service, by letting them ask you questions directly.
The Questions feature is the perfect way to host a Q&A Instagram session with your followers. Allow your users to ask you anything, or to ask anything about your business, and be prepared to answer honestly.
Ask Me a Question Instagram Ideas
Need a little inspiration for your next live Q&A? Check out these fun questions and ideas to help you get started. We’ve split them into categories:
- “AMA” (Ask me anything): Find out what areas of your life or work your followers are most interested in.
- Stage an Instagram contest: Popular toy brand, Lego, asked users to guess how many legos made up a block motorcycle, offering a prize to the closest guess.
- If you have an upcoming guest blogger, ask for questions from your followers!
- Stage an Instagram takeover: Let someone within your company takeover your feed for a day by allowing followers to ask them questions. This popular method has been used by tons of brands, including Benefit Cosmetics and Alfred Coffee.
- Before you go live on Instagram, ask for questions to jumpstart your session, and to get followers tuning in to see your answers.
- “What are you thankful for today?”: In today’s turbulent world, this is a great way to give your followers a mood boost.
- “Guess my favorite Instagrammer?“: A simple way to show that you aren’t just out for likes.
- You can get a bit more personal by asking what users think of your current favorite tv show or sports team.
- Try out a poll-like questions “work from home or office”, “fall or winter”, etc.
- “Guess our next product/service launch?” Do you want to know what kinds of products and services your followers really want? Take a cue from Starbucks, which used an Instagram Story Question to see which drink their followers thought was coming out next.
- “What content do you want to see more of?”: This is a good way to get some new ideas for your blog or social media.
- Offer your expertise by asking industry-specific questions. For instance, beauty bloggers might ask, “What’s the biggest beauty struggle you’re facing,” then offer tips for followers that respond.
- Get ideas for your next product by asking what users wish your product had.
Keep the Goal and Branding in Mind
When you write Instagram questions, remember that 50% of Instagram users visit a company site after interacting with them on a story, so keep your brand in mind when coming up with questions.
Don’t just focus on engagement, but try asking questions (even relationship questions) that will in some way reflect what’s important to your brand.
Start a Free Trial of Tailwind for Instagram!
- Schedule photos and videos directly to your Instagram feed with Auto Post.
- Optimize every post for more engagement with SmartSchedule and Hashtag Finder.
- Automatically hide your post’s hashtags in the first comment to keep your caption clean & clutter-free.
- Make your posts more discoverable with user tagging & location tagging.
- Analyze what's working across every post and profile with smart analytics.
Get More Instagram Question Sticker Ideas with Our Instagram Story Starters!
If you’re ready to start engaging on Stories but aren’t sure where to get started, our latest Instagram Story Starters offer is perfect for small businesses and Instagram users. You’ll get 4 weeks’ worth of daily story prompts and inspiration, including images, effects, text, and stickers to use!
Not only are there prompts for the Instagram Question Sticker, but quiz questions, poll inspiration, and creative ways to use the emoji slider to collect feedback as well. Did we mention that it’s FREE???